Ronn Torossian of 5WPR with 2013 Public Relations Predictions
On January 2, 2013
2013 is a year where:
- The Public Relations industry will continue to grow very quickly. As is known, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projects rapid growth of the PR industry, and many have ranked PR as one of the fastest growing fields in the world. That scenario will continue.
- The PR business will continue to expand into full-service marketing & Public Relations work. PR is, and always has been about managing conversations – There is more noise than ever before and it is more crowded than ever before, hence creativity will matter and the scope of the conversations managed by PR professionals will expand.
- Digital will continue to expand as a PR practice – From mobile to search engine optimization/online reputation, pr will dominate the digital dialogue. Without knowledge of search & social, PR firms can’t succeed.
- Content is king. Yes it has been said again and again, but it is true. Any agency which doesn’t understand the value of creating content will simply be obsolete. From writing to video, content for many different channels will matter more than ever before.
- 5WPR will continue to grow. We finished 2012 up more than 20% with revenues which exceeded $14 Million and project another 20% growth (at least) in 2013.
Entering our 11th year, we are excited to make our second decade even stronger than our first. 2013 will be a big year in the PR industry.