Tips from 5WPR CEO Ronn Torossian
On January 21, 2013
Some tips from 5WPR CEO Ronn Torossian book “For Immediate Release: Shape Minds, Build Brands, and Deliver Results with Game-Changing Public Relations”:
- Work hard. Work really hard—the harder I work the luckier I seem to become.
- PR is a 24/7 career. The news never stops. When a bomb goes off at 8 p.m., newspapers, cable channels, and digital media are running updates continuously.
- Don’t believe your mom’s PR (all the time). Be honest about what you’ve got to work with, and then work with what you’ve got. Deal with reality—PR only works if it’s based on something real.
- Look for marketing co-ops, especially if budget is an issue. There are many ways to get great visibility for a fraction of the price by sharing the spotlight with complementary brands that attract the same audience.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Given the surplus of marketing ploys out there, chances are there’s already an effort going on or a story line that ties in well with your brand that you can piggyback and ride the wave. For example, if you’re a beverage brand that caters to the college market, do product seeding through an event that’s already taking place on campus.