Social Media has experienced many changes in just a few short years of its existence. Social Media Week has entertained many individuals from startups, bloggers and social media gurus to enterprise companies.
Here are some key takeaways from Social Media Week 2012:
- You can’t produce enough content in today’s Social/Digital Age. Content is King!
- Knowing your audience well and being able to speak to the different groups through social media gives you a different angle to sell so you are not asking the same people to buy/do the same thing.
- Here is an example of the clothing giant H&M asking its audience to shop for spring, but in using different language and digital assets (top post leads to a video and bottom post leads to a photo album) it is attracting two different audiences of fans on Facebook.
- When an artist or public figure tweet, retweet or responds to a fan’s comment it is considered the new autograph. There is a lot of value and long term benefits of responding to fans and followers individually.
- Social Media was also noted as being the NEW ‘Reality TV’ since platforms like Facebook and Twitter allow fan’s to see personal pictures, stories and conversations with other public figures they may have never had access to before.