• Create a PR book. Get yourself a few three-ring binders and place your brand’s name and logo on the cover. Fill it with copies of media mentions and articles. Place a binder on your desk, in your reception area, and give one to your C-suite executives and sales managers.
• Frame reprints and line your walls with them.
• Take excerpts from the media and utilize them in marketing materials and advertising (“According to XYZ News outlet, CEO John Doe is a leading strategic thinker . . . ”).
• Post articles on your company website and Intranet for both Web visitors and employees to see. (And, of course, link articles properly for SEO building, use the material on social media, and so on.)
• Send article mentions to a robust e-mail list of past and present customers and constituents, opinion leaders, bankers, investors, key vendors and clients, political leaders, and media contacts.
• Use media mentions to recruit.
I am proud that my Public Relations Agency, 5WPRis one of the few to be open during Xmas and New Years – and whenever anyone asks me why its a fairly simple answer – Do newspapers still publish, and TV still do stories ? As long as the answer is yes, then we too will be open.