Wow! What a day – exhausting and exhilarating. Hour after hour, day after day – PR –non-stop fun & draining at the same time. And they call it work?
• 6:00 AM – Did the loop on my bike in Central Park before a quick steam at the gym.
• 8:30 AM – Breakfast meeting. I remembered en route why I never leave my office during the dreaded UN Week in NYC – horrible traffic. We discussed China-US economies and ongoing PR/communications plans.
• Mid-Morning – Met with 5WPR client, Limelight Marketplace’s CEO. This is a client for whom I am really very, very proud of the work we have been able to accomplish – regular top-tier coverage. We walked the space and reviewed ongoing activities and campaigns. Enjoyed the time.
• 12:00 PM – Returned to office for a sit-down and a quick bite with a new employee.
• 12:30 PM – Returned a few media and client calls. Returned emails, strategized with a team regarding a client.
• 2:30 PM – New Business Meeting. It was exciting; my team presented a great plan and it was an ideal fit. I hope and think that we will get the client.
• 5:00 PM – Met with an attorney who called last night with a crisis PR communications project. We were hired 30 minutes into the meeting, and that let out around 7:45. Communication is a ‘round-the-clock’ challenge to a large organization.
Now, 10:15 PM, and I’m still at my desk finishing up some internal paperwork. I’m tired but loving my work. And to think, wow, we actually get paid (well) for this … work?