Ronn Torossian’s full list and explanations have been published here
I wanted to provide an abridged version here… so in no particular order, wanted to provide my thoughts on the best 10 Public Relations books.
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie
- “The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference” by Malcolm Gladwell
- “Crystallizing Public Opinion” by Edward Bernays: The man considered to be the father of the public relations industry
- “Thank You for Smoking” by Christopher Buckley
- “Confessions of an Advertising Man” by David Ogilvy
- “It’s Not the Big That Eat the Small…It’s the Fast That Eat the Slow: How to Use Speed as a Competitive Tool in Business” by Jason Jennings & Laurence Haughton
- “Reputation Rules: Strategies for Building Your Company’s Most Valuable Asset” by Daniel Diermeier
- “Spin: How to Turn the Power of the Press to Your Advantage” by Michael S. Sitrick – (CEO of a crisis PR firm)
- “Game change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the race of a lifetime” by John Heilemann & Mark Halperin
- “For Immediate Release: Shape Minds, Build Brands, and Deliver Results with Game-Changing Public Relations” by Ronn Torossian: My PR book is a must read and I am sure will make all the must read PR lists for many years to come. Buy this book at Barnes and Noble or online at Amazon.
Now you have the required PR reading list and the top 10 PR books from the owner of 1 of the largest PR firms in the US.