Ronn Torossian’s full list and explanations have been published here
I wanted to provide an abridged version here… so in no particular order, wanted to provide my thoughts on the best 10 Public Relations books.
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie
- “The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference” by Malcolm Gladwell
- “Crystallizing Public Opinion” by Edward Bernays: The man considered to be the father of the public relations industry
- “Thank You for Smoking” by Christopher Buckley
- “Confessions of an Advertising Man” by David Ogilvy
- “It’s Not the Big That Eat the Small…It’s the Fast That Eat the Slow: How to Use Speed as a Competitive Tool in Business” by Jason Jennings & Laurence Haughton
- “Reputation Rules: Strategies for Building Your Company’s Most Valuable Asset” by Daniel Diermeier
- “Spin: How to Turn the Power of the Press to Your Advantage” by Michael S. Sitrick – (CEO of a crisis PR firm)
- “Game change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the race of a lifetime” by John Heilemann & Mark Halperin
- “For Immediate Release: Shape Minds, Build Brands, and Deliver Results with Game-Changing Public Relations” by Ronn Torossian: My PR book is a must read and I am sure will make all the must read PR lists for many years to come. Buy this book at Barnes and Noble or online at Amazon.