Steve Jobs for those of us in the PR & marketing business is the ultimate Hall of Fame PR legend. Who else could have adults sleeping on the street and clamoring for their products. As the LA Times stated today “I wonder if Steve Jobs is reading all the news about himself right now, and if he’s thinking: This is what it must be like to die and still get to watch the reaction.” So wanted to share some fabulous quotes which reflect the greatness of Steve Jobs.
- Silicon Valley insider Om Malik: “Steve is responsible for a whole generation of entrepreneurs, founders and CEOs for thinking a certain way. I think that is his true legacy. Not only did he make the customers very happy. His true legacy is that he makes a lot of us think differently about how we treat our customers and users. That is his profound legacy.”
- Wall Street Journal’s Walter Mossberg: “Most people are lucky if they can change the world in one important way, but Mr. Jobs, in multiple stages of his business career, changed global technology and media in multiple ways on multiple occasions. And that changed the way people live.”
- International Business Times: “Arguably, more than any other person, Steve Jobs led the way to the mobile age…”
- Nick Schulz, National Review Online “He gave us what we didn’t know we wanted. Jobs is a great entrepreneur for another reason. Lots of ninnies can give customers products they want. Jobs gave people products they didn’t know they wanted, and then made those products indispensable to their lives.
- San Jose Mercury News: “He created a model for entrepreneurial leadership – Jobs’ departure from the top job at Apple is a loss for Silicon Valley. But it’s also a loss for the nation, which is in desperate need of entrepreneurial leadership to get us out of this economic slump.
- Andrew Leonard, Salon “He proved that life is what you make of it…Thanks Steve, not for the Apple or the Macintosh or the iPod or the iPhone or the iPad. Thanks for setting a great example. The world is what you make it.”
This PR firm owner says hats off to marketing legend Steve Jobs.